#21 toni-a

toni-a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationLebanon

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:55 AM

When using a fisheye, turn of the flash.
Well it was on accidentally after swapping lenses and I immediately noticed it.

#22 toni-a

toni-a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationLebanon

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

A new dumb photographer advice.
When going three days weekend and you have 2 bodies plus eight lenses plus flashes and a laptop in your huge backpack.
It's a good idea to bring a small backpack for the camera and lens you will be actually using on that day

#23 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

It's an even better idea to limit the ammount of stuff right in the beginning of the trip.  :D

But I hear you, I also tend to take stuff with me, "just in case". The case never happens, but the other case when I would have need some totally not important things remaing at home, like an extra battery or the tripod plate for the quick release... this case is happy to step in.  :angry:

^_^

#24 toni-a

toni-a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationLebanon

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

It's an even better idea to limit the ammount of stuff right in the beginning of the trip. :D

But I hear you, I also tend to take stuff with me, "just in case". The case never happens, but the other case when I would have need some totally not important things remaing at home, like an extra battery or the tripod plate for the quick release... this case is happy to step in. :angry:

^_^

As long as gear is staying in the car or hotel room getting gear "just in case" is no big deal. However having to carry everything all around seems a crazy idea

#25 Rover

Rover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

Another one: check the quality / size settings from time to time. It's more difficult to notice if something goes wrong, because you can see misexposed/misfocused shots while reviewing, but the quality setting is not as apparent. Case in point: I was shooting on the Similan islands with my wife's camera, and after a while it went into Small size mode inexplicably. I now have a few cool shots of wild Monitor lizards!...... in glorious 4.5 MP size.  :angry: Well, I should be thankful they're not 640*480, but still...

#26 obican

obican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

It's an even better idea to limit the ammount of stuff right in the beginning of the trip.  :D

But I hear you, I also tend to take stuff with me, "just in case". The case never happens, but the other case when I would have need some totally not important things remaing at home, like an extra battery or the tripod plate for the quick release... this case is happy to step in.  :angry:

^_^

Reminds me of our photo trip last year with the girlfriend. I believe we had one tripod plate for each camera we have :). Just in case, you know.

#27 toni-a

toni-a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationLebanon

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

Reminds me of our photo trip last year with the girlfriend. I believe we had one tripod plate for each camera we have :). Just in case, you know.

I never take off tripod plates, I have a tripod plate on the base of each camera I own

#28 obican

obican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

I never take off tripod plates, I have a tripod plate on the base of each camera I own

I usually go for L brackets, which can be limiting in some cameras and lenses so I take them off quite often. The only one I keep permanently on is my A7. 

#29 toni-a

toni-a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationLebanon

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Another dumb photographer advice: don't invite your wife to the photography club and even if you do, don't give her your own photos to participate in contests  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Yes it happened, wife is part of the local photography club, and since we have a weekly photo challenge she asked me for a good one, the theme was minimalism and....the photo won, it's not about the praise she got but the winner has the privilege to choose next week theme.

And wife just chose "selfies with babies"

you imagine the rest....

#30 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:39 PM

You can send in your profile picture. Easy.

You're welcome.

#31 toni-a

toni-a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationLebanon

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

Actually that was a good experience, my wife and I had plenty of fun yesterday taking selfies.
Canon 750D fully articulated screen is really awesome, canon 10-18 is quite nice for such a job, however i preferred pictures taken by Samyang 8mm fisheye.

The other side of the story is the other guys at the club don't have babies so they are all coming Saturday night (tomorrow) for selfies....

#32 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

:lol:

So it was a pretty cool suggestion of your wife? Just take care the baby doesn't disappear into someone's big photo bag to get some better shots at home or in front of a sunset  ;)

there's another other side of the story: remember your wife telling you to take diapers instead of lens into the backpack? Now she knows what a big party can follow up after some good keepers...

#33 toni-a

toni-a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationLebanon

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:24 AM

Nothing is better than a good Saturday evening gathering with photography lovers , that was really awesome, you imagine if such a gathering was possible for this community ??

I would imagine it like that , of course you guessed who would be Cacofonix singing equivalence :P

xfTOIMI7Cwhnqz8B5gN3EqHvJeo.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© by photozone.de