I'm back from four days in southern Tuscany - at last four days of landscape!
So I could try the a6300 on the field. At the moment I have only to share preliminary impressions, because it will take some days to prune and post-process all the photos.
It's the first time I in my life I went out with a three-camera-bodies approach. Basically I bought a new camera body for this main reason: to minimise the lens changes on the field. I admit this is greatly due to my laziness , but there is also an objective reason: in Tuscany I drive for hundreds of kilometres through white roads. My car is so filled of dirt than it usually takes months for completely remove it from the inner parts, and thus there are higher ratios than usual to have dirt on the sensor. The typical setup I used was to have the 16-70, the 70-200 and the 150-600 almost mounted and ready. In some cases, the 150-600 is removed in favour of the 10-18. In this season the countryside is also filled with flowers, and an alternative take could have been to have the 150-600 replaced by a macro setup - I didn't go for it because I've been shooting flowers for almost three months and I was a bit fed up with them.
Closed this long introduction, I discovered a minor feature of the a6300, that I wasn't even aware of, to possibly be one of the greatest ones: the capability of auto-focusing while in focus magnifier mode. Up to the a6000, when you press the shutter release focus magnifier mode is cancelled. With an option of the a6300, you can stay in that mode, and auto-focusing still works (there's a cross shaped marker which indicates where focusing is performed). My experience with the NEX-6 and the a6000 is that contrast-based focusing is overall more precise than the phase-based focusing I was using all the time with my DSLRs; but a minor fraction of shots get it completely wrong. Usually I notice the problem in the EVF (less on the a6000 because of the lower resolution) and I repeat focusing and shooting a few times: in most cases at least one attempt is fine. But a subset of this percentage always fails. If the shot is really valuable and I have time, I use to switch to manual focusing and fix it (this is not always feasible: with longer focals and without a tripod, the image in the EVF is not stable enough to manual focus).
The thing repeated in some circumstances with the a6300; but in all cases in which I activated the focus magnifier and refocused while in that mode, I achieved a sharp result. In some rare cases I see that the auto-focusing still has problems, but the thing is now very clear with the focusing magnifier mode, I never risk that the thing goes undetected. At that point I can decide whether it makes sense to spend some more time and fix it in manually mode.