31 replies to this topic

#21 Klaus

Klaus

Chief Editor

• Moderators
  • 5,545 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Is the upcoming 200mm f/2 not serious enough? ;-)

Chief Editor
photozone.de

#22 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

No, it's on the roadmap for ages and 200 mm gets you nowhere in APS-C. 300/2.8 or 400/4, then we're talking. 

And as I know Fuji, they will refuse to learn: The lens will have a tiny foot, it will not have a focus limiter you can set up for your own needs, the manual focus again will be wired, and so on. Aperture ring controlled by front dial? I doubt it until I see better.

They will ask serious money for it, yes, but you need a converter to get some reach. With a very heavy lens...

#23 toni-a

toni-a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationLebanon

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

And people say Sony have bad menus btw ;)

It does..

• JoJu likes this

#24 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

Over at Fuji rumours is a poll: "Will you buy the X-H1?"

53% (1565 single votes) of the Fuji fanboys say "No", only 21% want to buy. Awkward. There were times you were nearly killed if you said "I prefer not to pay for an IBIS I won't use" and the characteristic replies were "Then switch it off" (Meaning, buy it anyway just to get Fuji the oh-so-deserved world supremacy). 

:D

#25 thxbb12

thxbb12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationGeneva, Switzerland

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:48 AM

I think a lot of people find the X-H1 body too big.
I'd love to see IBIS in a XT2 or XE3 for instance and I think I'm not the only one.

--Florent

Flickr Page

#26 Klaus

Klaus

Chief Editor

• Moderators
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:37 AM

They heard you ... a bit ... Joju ....

Citing dpreview:

"There is, however, a menu option to use the command dials to set aperture when the lens aperture ring is set to 'A'. Similarly, turning the shutter speed dial to 'T' passes control to a command dial, so you can make use of them if you wish."

Chief Editor
photozone.de

#27 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:10 AM

That bit with the T is already possible on the X-T2, too, as well as setting the exposure compensation to C. With all these exceptions they do question their dial + wheel + ring + button usability concept. I could understand it on a DSLR which doesn't need to be powered to look through a viewfinder. Sort of retro.

But a mirrorless which is even more depending on a battery? Cool, that they gave the X-H1 this possibility. Now give me the next Kaizen update, Fuji. :D

#28 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:12 AM

I think a lot of people find the X-H1 body too big.
I'd love to see IBIS in a XT2 or XE3 for instance and I think I'm not the only one.

I'll wait with a verdict before I can grab one, but I suspect my hands will prefer the bigger one.

#29 Klaus

Klaus

Chief Editor

• Moderators
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:09 AM

I'm wondering about the exposure comp aspect.

dpreview says that you have to press a button - which sounds super odd to me.

PERSONALLY I would prefer to have the front dial for A or T and the back dial for ec.

But then I was socialized during the early EOS era. ;-)

Chief Editor
photozone.de

#30 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:16 AM

But then I was socialized during the early EOS era. ;-)

Nobody is perfect...  :lol:

I'm used to the +/- button, it's the same on Nikon. I'm nearly sure you can set up the dials the way you describe as it's odd enough to suit Fuji's usability concept  ^_^

Maybe you can set up the back-dial in A-mode to exposure compensation, but then it will get confusing in S-automatic as it's then the other way round? Btw. anybody using the S-automatic?

Don't tell me you go and get one?  :)

#31 you2

you2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

I'm still confused. What does this brick offer over the x-t2 - esp if video is not your primary application. I mean yes I see ibis but you can get a tiny olympus with probably a better implementation. Did i miss something major new feature ? personally of the current fuji the x-e3 is more my style overall.

#32 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

You can as well ask what does the X-Pro2 as "the other brick" offer over the X-E3? OVF, not much more?

LCD on top, better grip, better ON/OFF, better shutter button, better buttons overall and roughly same price as X-T2 (app. 2.000). Little changes, but for my hands, I have to use the battery grip. Without that the whole camera thingy behind the 100-400 feels like a GoPro behind a 70-200.

For me, the brick would be the better choice today.

edit: after flipping through some of DPReviews descriptions, I can add as well: higher resolving EVF, touchscreen, harder clicking dials (the ones for X-T2 are too easily moved), tons of configurations (with all downsides) and a t least two different sets for movie and stills mode - yet still no banks... I don't get that stupidity: If the settings increase in quantity, they really should offer comfortable ways to customize it for more than one situation. But then, they added illuminated buttons and top display, most welcome in dark places.

• Brightcolours likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© by photozone.de