Opticallimits
Guess the lens ... - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Just Talk (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Guess the lens ... (/showthread.php?tid=1672)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Guess the lens ... - Klaus - 11-10-2013

Ok, I will not make it today ... but it is the Fuji 27mm f/2.8 ... despite brightcolour's 99% guess that it isn't. ;-)

Sorry to disappoint you.

Guess the lens ... - WyldRage - 11-10-2013

Wow, that is impressive then. I was certain that it would be a macro lens, and certainly not a pancake. Then again, Pentax has proven that a great lens can be small (thinking about the 40mm and 70mm). 

Guess the lens ... - Brightcolours - 11-11-2013

Quote:Ok, I will not make it today ... but it is the Fuji 27mm f/2.8 ... despite brightcolour's 99% guess that it isn't. ;-)
I think you have things confused....

Quote:Sorry to disappoint you.

Guess the lens ... - Klaus - 11-11-2013

Oh sorry @ Brightcolours. :unsure:

I meant you2 then.  Big Grin

Guess the lens ... - Rover - 11-11-2013

Lenstip wasn't all that enthusiastic about that lens.

Guess the lens ... - Klaus - 11-11-2013

Shall we fake our readings to match the LensTip findings ?  Rolleyes

Guess the lens ... - Guest - 11-11-2013

Quote:Lenstip wasn't all that enthusiastic about that lens.
 Just look at the samples shot by lens tip. They look great, sharp to the corner ( allowing for dof limitations, of course). I think lenstip got soemething confused in their measurements. They should learn to trust their own field results more than their measurments.

Quote:Shall we fake our readings to match the LensTip findings ?  Rolleyes
I'm not saying that anybody's reading are invalid; first of all, I don't care. Smile Just pointing out. And, as jenbenn said, there's likely confusion on their part (maybe they're not taking something into account that you do).

Guess the lens ... - stoppingdown - 11-11-2013

At Lenstip they mention some problems they had with the demosaicing algorithm for the Fuji sensor, and that starting from that test they made some change with software for measuring sharpness. I wonder whether this might have an impact in the different evaluation. For what matters, I've also read their review for the Carl Zeiss Touit 32mm f/1.8 and they are strongly criticising it as well for not being up to the brand standard. Now, I see that some recent Zeiss lenses might have problems (such as the Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4), but the Touit reviews I've read so far have been pretty good. Again, they tested it on a Fuji...

In any case, having multiple, independent sites making evaluations and not trying to match results it's a plus for us readers.  Smile

So... Klaus, any chance you'll be testing the Touits soon? And on which platform if affirmative? Smile