Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP: Canon 6D or Nikon D600... Which to buy?
Quote:Hi,

I am looking for a camera system and am considering either a Canon 6D or a Nikon D600.  I have heard that the dynamic range and image quality of the D600 is better than that of the 6D
Do you know what that dynamic range stuff is actually about? Probably not? In reality, you do not see it in images at all. Neither camera will put the full DR in images, simply because such big DR ranges (from both cameras) make for very unappealing flat results.

In reality, both cameras have very high quality results, where the D600 has a slight edge at ISO 100 and the 6D a slight edge at ISO 6400. Go figure.

Quote:but that the D600 has had some serious problems with sensor oil and dust.
The D600 can show problems with camera born "dust" and "oil", but that can be wet cleaned. So, while an annoyance, nothing that can't be solved.  

Quote:I was hoping that someone here has used them both and could tell me if the difference is great enough to warrant buying the possibly problematic D600 over the 6D?
There is no difference. If you take an image with one, and an image with the other, with the same lens, you can't tell them apart, basically. 

Quote:Alos I have heard that the Canon lens line ( L lenses ) is a bit better than thje Nikon glass.
Some Canon lenses are better than the Nikon counterpart. Some Nikon lenses are better than the Canon counterpart. 

What is a better choice for you totally depends on the lenses you are thinking of buying!

Quote:Please advise
I can't advice, because you have not specified which lenses you are thinking of, nor what you will find important in the camera usage wise. For instance if you want to get tilt-shift lenses (17mm, 24mm, 45mm, 90mm TS-E), or if live view is a very important feature, or you want to do more than 1:1 macro (MP-E 65mm f2.8), the 6D is the best choice. Or if you want to have corrected ultra wide upto 14mm Nikon is teh way to go (14-24mm f2.8). 

The main plus point for the D600: 100% view finder.

The main plus points for the 6D: better ergonomics, much better live view implementation, GPS included, WiFi included which allows you to use your iOS or Android device to act as remote view finder in live view, better software package which includes a RAW converter (DPP) which can do magic with quite a few Canon lenses, and USB tethering (EOS Utility).

Both cameras are capable and good, both have very good AF systems.

Messages In This Thread
HELP: Canon 6D or Nikon D600... Which to buy? - by Hassiman - 08-12-2013, 10:25 PM
HELP: Canon 6D or Nikon D600... Which to buy? - by Sylvain - 08-13-2013, 03:05 PM
HELP: Canon 6D or Nikon D600... Which to buy? - by Brightcolours - 08-15-2013, 10:42 AM
HELP: Canon 6D or Nikon D600... Which to buy? - by Hassiman - 08-16-2013, 10:08 PM