Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of suggestions
Thanks for the answers, I thought measuring t-stops would've been simpler (although I know that sensors matter and that cameras somewhat compensate for this, you usually perform your tests on the same body for a long time, so I didn't think it'd matter as much, but I trust you that is in fact hard). 

By the way, I'm not saying I'd buy an f/1.2 lens for that reason (I don't even own a M43 camera, I shoot on a fuji), what I mean is I think many people (perhaps less experienced photographers) think such a lens would let them use a faster shutter speed or lower ISOs, which is just misleading.

I realize things are complicated enough as is, explaining equivalence (especially aperture equivalence) is problematic enough, I just think consumers in general would benefit from knowing this. For example, say I'm trying to decide between the Fuji 56mm f/1.2 and the APD version, the APD version is T/1.7, so that might lead buyers to believe it loses essentially a full stop, but I'd be absolutely stunned if the non-APD version is actually T/1.2. 

Of course, I think manufacturers should report both. 

Again, thanks for all your work and explaining why my two suggestion are not actually easy to implement Smile

Messages In This Thread
A couple of suggestions - by Guest - 11-07-2017, 03:32 PM
A couple of suggestions - by Brightcolours - 11-08-2017, 05:55 AM
A couple of suggestions - by mst - 11-08-2017, 09:00 AM
A couple of suggestions - by JJ_SO - 11-08-2017, 09:55 AM
A couple of suggestions - by Brightcolours - 11-08-2017, 10:00 AM
A couple of suggestions - by Guest - 11-08-2017, 12:55 PM