The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capture One Pro 10.2: major issue with automatic lens distortion?
Hey all,

I recently switched from Lightroom (LR) to Capture One 10.2 (C1). I'm still very new to the software.

All in all I'm very happy with the move except for one thing: automatic correction of barrel distortion.

I noticed that C1 doesn't seem to properly correct images for barrel distortion. Indeed, images from C1 differ in framing/distortion from the ones out of camera (OOC) and Lightroom. With LR, I get exactly the same as with OOC jpegs.  Here is an example of an image shot with the Fuji 18-55 lens at 18mm that illustrates the problem:
As you can see, there is a big difference in terms of distortion control between the OOC jpeg and the C1 versions. No matter what setting I use for distortion in C1, I can't get the same output as with the OOC jpeg. It is very disappointing and annoying. I should be able to see the exact same non-deformed image!

I noticed the same behavior with images shot with my 10-24 which now gives me more a 11-12mm FOV at 10mm because of this issue. That's just unacceptable.

With the 35mm f1.4 and the 14mm f2.8 everything is fine because these two lenses are already almost free of distortion.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue with Capture One Pro 10.2?

If so, is there any way to fix it and get the exact same framing as with OOC jpegs?

Thank you for your help.

--Florent

Flickr gallery

Messages In This Thread
Capture One Pro 10.2: major issue with automatic lens distortion? - by thxbb12 - 10-25-2017, 01:39 PM