The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the point of taking pics if they will end up on damaged media (looking for reliable storage media)
For the third time I am outraged to the point I  am seriously considering forgetting about photography.

The first tome during the warin 1991  my parents house was burnt and all negatives and prints just disappeared, I was so sad I quit photography till 2004 when I decided to go back, all was good till in 2009 a hard drive with most of my pictures failed, ever since I stopped enjoying photography and was shooting only occasionally stopped, buying lenses and gear.

One month ago I started logging in here and taking picture, to discover that  once again one backup hard drive with 500GB of pictures failed.

I know all the bla bla never keep a single copy etc (in fact I had two copies one on the computed and one in the backup when the computer hard drive failed I went to backup to discover it had failed too)

Hard drives seem a very bad choice for keeping data, what alternatives would you suggest, imagine all the pictures you have taken in four years just disappeared.

What do you do to safely keep your pictures?

Messages In This Thread
What's the point of taking pics if they will end up on damaged media (looking for reliable storage media) - by toni-a - 04-27-2014, 07:34 PM