Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent good and bad experiences with manufacturer service
Canon usa is suppose to be very good; I've exchanged email a few times about minor issues; responses are very fast and very detailed (not just your canned do this do that unrelated to issue replies). I've never sent anything into canon usa; but have read many positive stories and virtually no complaints. What strikes me as odd is how can they be so good in usa and so poor in germany.

I've heard terrible things about nikon usa (esp if you have a non-usa item) but I never used nikon so no comments. Nikon usa is a bit different than nikon japan (virtually different company so this might not be a reflection on nikon).

Olympus usa just closed their canadian and usa service center (never used them; I no longer use olympus equipment though I loved their lenses).

-

My comments are mostly hersey as canon is the only one I've contacted and on three occasions had good results even though I never actually sent equipment to them. I'm suspicious that the 70-200f4 L is i have is odd so this might change.

Messages In This Thread
Recent good and bad experiences with manufacturer service - by anyscreenamewilldo - 03-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Recent good and bad experiences with manufacturer service - by Guest - 04-02-2011, 01:48 PM