Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Thank You, new to DSLR photography, query re D7000 + Tamron SP 70-300 Di VC USD
Thanks Markus, that's really helpful.

Yes, no doubt I will change settings again... probably many times..!

One really puzzling thing for me was having to reverse the indicators, so the exposure scale went -....0....+ instead of the other way round (where do scales run +...0...- ?), then getting the dials so rotation changes exposure compensation in same (logical) direction.

I'm not sure the result is particularly intuitive for aperture and shutter settings though, even if it IS logical (turn dial to right to increase aperture or length of exposure)

I took the camera to work today as it was such a bright clear day here and managed to grab 15 minutes to take a few shots between meetings... just importing now... and yes, I'm finding it hard to hold still - took some with VC and some without, but keeping shutter speed above 1/500 for most of them.

Ok, just uploaded 7 shots to Flickr, here: [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/48138858@N06/?saved=1"]My link[/url]

Absolutely no pretence at composition / artistry. JPEGs as processed in-camera (STD) - I haven't worked out settings & how to save as JPEG in Camera Raw yet. Is the metadata available through flickr, or do I need to add that (to the descriptions)?

Ah, ok, I see I have to crop the images at 100% to 1024 x 768 max, and I do need to add exposure details. I'll do that another time.

Thanks again,

Ian

Messages In This Thread
A Thank You, new to DSLR photography, query re D7000 + Tamron SP 70-300 Di VC USD - by IanCD - 01-18-2011, 11:04 PM