Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panasonic S1 & S1R announced (development)
(09-26-2018, 08:21 AM)davidmanze Wrote: Just my, take a step back and look thoughts...

I truly wonder about the success of this Panasonic/Leica/Sigma amalgam.........it's starting to remind me of the internet bubble.....if you're not in ML FF, you're dead!.........
.......in the space of three months the whole of the camera industry is being turned upside down, not just by completely new products, but completely new ranges of completely new high end products, with most of their associated lenses as yet unavailable, but which seem to have nearly doubled in price.

Three months ago all this was just rumours.........then in two months the whole future of the industry has turned around......

.........what causes me to sceptical is the general air of panic to come to market.........one that is still diminishing.....

My guess is not everybody is going to come out smiling....

All in all it has become a spectator sport for me!

P.S.  A new foveon FF sensor from Sigma?

That's a reliable poster, this dave, but I think you're teasing a bit: less than 100 dots is no valid panic Big Grin

Three months ago not many saw a collaboration of Sigma together with Panasonic and Leica, a revival of Foveon in FF, new counterweights for tripod stabilisation called "Art lenses", Capture One finally opening up to their baby MF competition. Although the owners of rumors sites had busy times (and the Fuji dude is playing photokina guerrilla, it must be very hard for him not to get access like real journalists :/ ) before Photokina, the only panic reason I see is not knowing where to throw the money at. There were boring Photokinas in the past but this one makes it difficult to catch up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panasonic S1 & S1R announced (development) - by davidmanze - 09-26-2018, 08:21 AM
RE: Panasonic S1 & S1R announced (development) - by JJ_SO - 09-26-2018, 10:35 AM
RE: Panasonic S1 & S1R announced (development) - by davidmanze - 09-26-2018, 11:30 AM
RE: Panasonic S1 & S1R announced (development) - by davidmanze - 02-01-2019, 09:27 AM
RE: Panasonic S1 & S1R announced (development) - by davidmanze - 02-01-2019, 11:28 AM
RE: Panasonic S1 & S1R announced (development) - by davidmanze - 02-03-2019, 08:56 AM