Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
new Leica SL full format mirrorless camera
#21
  My thoughts were about Panasonic.

 

   Let's hope they keep an adequate supply of spares for this camera, look what happened to Markus when his M8's ( I think it was)  screen went pear shaped. German engineering didn't help there, other than give you a few pounds off the next ferociously expensive model.

 

 

 (Sorry Markus, just as your wounds were healing too)

Dave's clichés
#22
Quote:Anyway aside from the higher resolution finder and 11fps I dont see how this is better to the Sony, especially considering it is more than double the price of the Sony. Aside from the nice build quality obviously. 

 

 
Ayoh, I can think of only one thing here: The shooter release of Leica will generate less vibrations than Pacific lock of Panama Canal. I am sure Leica managed to build this camera with much more finess than any camera Sony made so far.
#23
As always: crazy prices. Nice mirrorless camera, probably much nicer to use than the Sony A7 series. I did not see any mention of image stabilization?

#24
At least that'll shut up those who are bitching about Sony A7 and FE lenses being "too damn big". Big Grin I mean... this thing looks like it's about the Canon 1 series size!  :o (and the lenses look similar to Canon L f/2.8 ones)

#25
One more system for Markus to test?
#26
Quote:At least that'll shut up those who are bitching about Sony A7 and FE lenses being "too damn big". Big Grin I mean... this thing looks like it's about the Canon 1 series size!  :o (and the lenses look similar to Canon L f/2.8 ones)
Hyperbole is an art form too  Wink

 

It looks like it is Canon EOS 6D and Nikon Df size.

And of course a 90-290mm f2.8-f4 full frame lens won't be small... Remember that the Sony FE 70-200mm f4 lens is bigger and heavier than the Canon 70-200mm f4 L IS USM? "Mirrorless" does not magically shrink lenses, only lenses which have a relatively short focal length.  :lol:

 

http://camerasize.com/compact/#639.495,3...5.107,ha,t
#27
Quote:One more system for Markus to test?
 

Nope :-)
#28
Quote:Nope :-)
Fully agree... to be honest: not even remotely interested Wink

Quote:(Sorry Markus, just as your wounds were healing too)
Don't worry, Dave, wounds were healed by insurance already Wink

-- Markus
Editor
photozone.de

#29
Quote:Anyway aside from the higher resolution finder and 11fps I dont see how this is better to the Sony, especially considering it is more than double the price of the Sony. Aside from the nice build quality obviously.
My thoughts, too. Seems to me that Leica wants to fill a niche that simply isn't there. Those interested in a full frame mirror-less system already find most of their needs fullfilled with the Sony A-7 cameras and lenses. What's missing in today's A7 cameras can easily be added to future models... and given Sony's usual camera body upgrade frequency, we won't have to wait long for that to happen.

Sony clearly has advantages over the SL in terms of size, price, availability, lenses, AF ("world's fastest"? Oh, come on, Leica...), ergonomics,... And let's not forget that you can adapt almost anything to E-mount. And not just "anything Leica".

If I wanted to invest that much money in a new system and wouldn't mind the size, I'd probably be much more interested in a Pentax 645 than the SL.

-- Markus
Editor
photozone.de

#30
Quote:... AF ("world's fastest"? Oh, come on, Leica...), ergonomics,... And let's not forget that you can adapt almost anything to E-mount. And not just "anything Leica".

 
"World's fastest in a Leica", that is...  Big Grin
  


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)