Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back home
A new review should be up tomorrow.

Here's some feedback on the stuff that I took into the outback:

- Olympus E-M5 II: I guess I will not warm up with it anymore. The quality of the viewfinder didn't impress me and it just takes too long till it's ready for shooting from startup. The electronic shutter was nice but then I had this on the GH-3 already.

- Olympus 12-40/2.8: I downright hate the front cap which had a strong tendency to detach in my bag already. Otherwise fine.

- Olympus 7-14/2.8: Great

- Panasonic 40-150: Some may be surprised that I took this one but the IQ is really nice. However, there's a compatibility issue with the camera! It seems as if the OIS needs to be constantly powered even when disabled. However, this just holds for half a minute on the E-M5 II. Thereafter the lens doesn't focus correctly anymore!

And ... oh yes, I loved our Jeep Grand Cherokee (rental car). ;-)

No Foster lager? I wander how the caps of these were falling off.
Quote:No Foster lager? I wander how the caps of these were falling off.

Foster's lager ? Foster's is sold OUTSIDE of Australia. It's junk beer. ;-)

I'm more into ale anyway (James Squire or Fat Yak preferrably)
Deleted
Front caps which detach themselves, have had two of those. 1st was the Tokina 12-24mm f4 DX. Crap cap, and Tokina is not the best lens builder.

And then the Voigtländer 20mm SL II N. Very nice little lens, very irritating lens cap. Replaced it with a Canon labeled 3rd party cap from eBay for probably $0.99.

On beers, lately I am into good Belgian fruit beers, some other belgian beers like Affligem Dubbel (double) or Gauloise Ambree. And German  Hefe Weisse (or Weizen) Dunkel (favorites till now Zötler and Franziskaner), and the lovely smooth Kapuziner Weißbier.

How do y'all drink that... I tried beer like twice in my life, and wasn't impressed in the slightest. Wasn't some hogwash, either. Smile

Klaus, bring on the Uluru shots! And the reviews of course - you're way behind the curve (Tamron has dropped a bombshell on our asses while you were away...)

The Uluru shots were last year. This year is the ABC range ;-)

And those Tammies are still in preorder here ...

Yeah I remember us all discussing them, but from the reviews that have appeared in the interim, looks like we're in for a treat.

A chance to see the Tamron 70-200 reviewed along the way?

Quote:Foster's lager ? Foster's is sold OUTSIDE of Australia. It's junk beer. ;-)

I'm more into ale anyway (James Squire or Fat Yak preferrably)
Sorry. That was shot in the dark... I can't blame you I would skip it too. This is the only Assie beer widelly marketed here in the states.

Are you going to share some pix here with us?
In relation to "beer" and "the states" I always have to think of Monty Python  :ph34r:  :lol: