Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Added Disqus to the reviews
Thus readers may now comment on reviews (at the bottom).

At this stage, this is experimental.

I think your title would be better phrased:

"Proposed discussion/comment feature to be added  to reviews"

Pardon me to comment!

Hi Klaus, since you are on the change / update path:

What do you think about this:

Each reveiew to have short paragraph about how tested lens compare to it's alternatives? Then this paragraph can be shared by all lens reviews in this group (for example 50mm 1.4) and thus the "compared to" part will be always up to date.

This will also help the discusion I beleive.

Just a thought...

Quote:Hi Klaus, since you are on the change / update path:

What do you think about this:

Each reveiew to have short paragraph about how tested lens compare to it's alternatives? Then this paragraph can be shared by all lens reviews in this group (for example 50mm 1.4) and thus the "compared to" part will be always up to date.

This will also help the discusion I beleive.

Just a thought...

And how do you keep this up to date along the timeline ? ;-)
Quote:I think your title would be better phrased:

"Proposed discussion/comment feature to be added  to reviews"

Pardon me to comment!

Disqus is a third-party service which requires you to sign up in order to comment.
OK Klaus, I live and learn!

Quote:And how do you keep this up to date along the timeline ? ;-)
Wrong verbage a guess...

If this paragraph is shared file among 50mm category for example, it will be updated during the last review in this category.
I think the reviews are part of the job for the reader to discover which 50mm (in this example) would be best for him/her. A bit lazy of the reader to wish others to decide that for him...

SLRGear lists available alternatives in most of their reviews but there are two caveats - first, they may not have tested all of them (although just indicating that such a lens exists is sometimes nice - the reader can proceed from there), and second, yes, they become outdated after a while. Still a nice touch I think.

BC, this is not about decission making, it is about presentation.

Rover, thank you. Plus each reference has a link to related review pages.

PZ has a more reviews than SLRG (mesured without "blur units"), and thus I beleive it will better  shine before end users. Especially the new comers who are doing reserch on what to purchase.