Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leica Q leak 28/1.7 FF
http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/new-leak...amera-5468

http://ohmimage.net/opinion/photophile/t...he-leica-q

28mm-ish primes didn't seem to get much love from manufacturers in digital times especially for smaller sensors. Even in Fujifilm land the wide end of the standard zoom looks more interesting to me than the prime except for size and maximum aperture.

And now this... presumeably at a price that I find impossible to justify.
And only god knows why this is a fixed lens camera ...

Because it's a competitor the the RX1 that Panasonic is making and giving first dibs to Leica?

The lens might be well optimized to the sensor, though, like the RX1 which could make for better results than an interchangeable 28 1.7 of this size...

Panasonic an FF 135 format camera? I doubt it.

Yes but it's the sort of focal for Leica likers!

Quote:Panasonic an FF 135 format camera? I doubt it.
Since it's not an ILC, does the manufacturer's name matter that much?  Of course, there are other "attachments" besides lenses - like flashes - but they're a distant second in importance.

Quote:Since it's not an ILC, does the manufacturer's name matter that much?  Of course, there are other "attachments" besides lenses - like flashes - but they're a distant second in importance.
It does not make sense for Panasonic to make an FF fixed lens camera. In that sense, the name does matter a lot. If Panasonic for some reason decided that MFT is not doing well for them, and think FF would be a better idea, they would look at a Sony FE kind of MILC. They do need to shift numbers.
I join a camera & lens review talk group in China, there is a guy who have been working in Sony semiconductor told us:

Leica Q`s structure & looking is designed by Leica, its electronic system came from Panasonic, the summilux Len designed by KonicaMinolta and produced by Panasonic.   The CMOS is designed by Tower-Jazz Panasonic——an new Israel semiconductor company with 49% Panasonic share,  and the foundry is STMicroelectronics same foundry with leica M 240

In all,  it`s a camera with leica/KonicaMonolta design and panasonic tecnology.