Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got myself a new toy...
Well, I recently bought a Zhongyi Lens Turbo (Mark 2) for my X-T1 and thought I'd share some of my experiences:

The adapter comes in Canon EOS mount, which is nice because it allows me to use a variety of lens mounts on the Fuji (M42, Nikon F, Olympus OM, etc...).  The build quality is quite nice and it's noticeably shorter than common adapters, which makes using SLR-lenses less weird in terms of ergonomics. Speaking of ergonomics, the retro control dials of the X-T1 work perfectly with manual lenses. It feels very much like using a 1970s or early 80s SLR - which is a good thing, isn't it?  Big Grin

I haven't done any resolution tests or something like that, because I think this is not what adapting old lenses is about. None of the three lenses I have shot with (Helios 44-2, CZJ Tessar 2.8/50, OM 3.5/135) can compete with the XF Fujinons in terms of sharpness. However, all of them are pretty sharp in the center of the image, even when used wide open. I was somewhat surprised by this, because I found the Helios and the Tessar to be quite soft when used with normal adapters. I guess the focal reduction magic is indeed working to some degree  Wink

Other than that, I really enjoy the rendering of these old lenses. Especially the Helios with its weird bokeh (see images below). 

I will definitely try out some more OM lenses (1.8/50 & 5.0/200) and I am also considering getting myself a 1.4/50. Given that the X-T1 looks a lot like a Contax RTS III/RX, I should probably get a Zeiss Planar 1.4/50.  :ph34r: