Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RECOMMENDED MOTHERBOARD TO REPLACE MY ASrOCK z77 eXTREME 4
My Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard is dead. 
Sad

I am looking for a recommendation to replace/upgrade my dead motherboard with a new one. I originally wanted to buy a used Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 ( socket: 1155) to replace the dead one. However, the used ones are very expensive, more expensive than the new motherboards. I better buy a new one. 

What motherboard would you recommend? I would like to move everything onto the new motherboard, i7 intel, memory, SSD, Gpu, etc. I would use the pc for photo/photoshop and video editing.

What I have: 
- i7 intel
- memory: 4Gx2|G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
- GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 7750 DirectX 11 HD7750-1GD5-V2 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
We are talking more about lenses here, so you might get more replies in a PC-forum. Maybe you also could think about a keyboard with some lower case caps?  Wink

Hum. Tough one as 1155 is quite dated now. This summer I got a great deal on a z77 board for $75 as a company found a pile of old stock they dumped on newegg but that doesn't help you. Oddly enough i was looking for an asrock extreme but it never came back in stock.

-

Checking aroudn various sites and retailers about all I can find are some intel boards for $150 and some refurbished boards (which might be ok if they carry i warranty for $150). 

-

To be honest at his point I would just upgrade to coffeelake. It won't be cheap as you will need mb, memory and cpu but you can get a 6 core i5 for under $200 and then throw in another $150 and $100 for mb and memory. You can recover a little money by selling your i7 on the user market.