Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuji X-T1 announced
Looks stunning ...

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital...film_x_t1/

Specs also look great... specially the view finder part.

As I wrote in another thread, I think the 5ms finder lag is the technologically most interesting aspect of this camera. Few, if any other makers quote figures here. This technology minimises another edge optical finders still had.
enjoy
Quote:Looks stunning ...
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital...film_x_t1/

Quo basis? De-centered Fuji-X lenses or mFT kit?

After using an X20 for a few month I am tempted to get another more serious Fuji. The X20 is the first camera I own, which produces Jpegs that I only use the RAWs in emergencies (e.g. Wrong WB or extreme tonal corrections). Working from a JPEG is just so much faster Wink The in-camera RAW converter is surprisingly useful.
enjoy
Regarding the E-M1 and X-T1, I slightly wondering about the degree of headaches over at Canon and Nikon.
Can you believe that they started all this 3 years ago with fixed lens camera? And now their system looks so complete.

I think Canon (and possibly Nikon) has enough current and new customers like me to keep them in profit more easily than Sony/Olympus/Panasonic. I look at this T1 and think, why would I choose this over a DSLR? I will say it is probably the technically best retro-style camera around, if you like that sorta thing. Of course, I'm not the perfect target so it shouldn't be a surprise.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
No idea why an E-M1 would cause any headaches, for it has that tiny sensor still. Also an odd form factor for a "small" mirror less camera. 

The fuji Will more likely cause headaches for the Sony line formerly known as NEX (SLFKAN?) and other compact system cameras (so yes, also the next EOS M line). 

But as long as Klaus keeps on finding QC problems with Fuji lenses.... Wink

As for being competition for DSLRs... It doesn't handle like a DSLR, it doesn't have an OVF, it doesn't have the form factor to be nice with bigger lenses. Just a different type of camera. More a camera for what the Nikon Df pretends to be.

Just pre-ordered an X-T1 and will terrorize Fuji until I get a perfectly centered sample of the 18-55mm  Wink  The 23/1.4 and 56/1.2 will follow once the camera is shipped. 

Quote:No idea why an E-M1 would cause any headaches, for it has that tiny sensor still. Also an odd form factor for a "small" mirror less camera. 

The fuji Will more likely cause headaches for the Sony line formerly known as NEX (SLFKAN?) and other compact system cameras (so yes, also the next EOS M line). 

But as long as Klaus keeps on finding QC problems with Fuji lenses.... Wink

As for being competition for DSLRs... It doesn't handle like a DSLR, it doesn't have an OVF, it doesn't have the form factor to be nice with bigger lenses. Just a different type of camera. More a camera for what the Nikon Df pretends to be.

Volume-wise full format is not overly relevant (10% DSLR market share). Full format is important in terms of profits - I will give you that.

It may be a useless segment for you but Canon and Nikon have to care about their APS-C business.

And both the E-M1 and X-T1 are highly competitive here.