Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 50mm f/2 R WR
Nex moved to Sony Alpha (APS-C), as Nex is dead. Or as I like to call it, CFKAN (camera formerly knows as nex). The Nex entry should be removed.

Yup... it's just that the website and the forum are independent software modules and the menus don't sync between them, that's why the menu entry for NEX is still there when you access the menu from the forum, but it's gone on the main web site.

We'll take care of it, soon.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:Besides of the rating (the imo better 56/1.2 R got 3 1/2 - 4 ★): After I stupidly sold mine to exchange it for the "better" (according to Klaus) 56/1.2 R APD I was a bit frustrated: The AF in low light with the R version was okayish, the APD failed very often in darker situations. WIth that lens, there's no support for phase detection AF. only the slower contrast detection.

So I thought, the 50/2 WR is welcome, as the X-T2 is also claimed to be WR. I was hoping, it would improve the situation in low light AF. Not at all, I have to say. So much to "faster AF, contrary to the 60 macro"  Wink

I'm still happy with my APD ;-)
At least one of us.  Huh

:lol:

In daylight it's a very nice lens with a super creamy bokeh. That's for what it's made.