• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fujifilm announcements ...
The long awaited medium tele macro - XF 80mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR macro

http://fujifilm-x.com/lenses/xf80mmf28-r...-wr-macro/

The X-E3

http://fujifilm-x.com/cameras/x-e3/

And a new medium format lens 45mm f/2.8:

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n170907_04.html

A nice lens for the system, 45mm f2.8. That is equivalent to a 36mm f2.2 lens on FF. With 11 elements not a lightweight (490 grams) eventhough Fuji claims that, the equivalent Canon EF 35mm f2 IS USM (10 elements) weighing in at 335 grams, the equivalent Nikkor AF-S 35mm f1.8 (11 elements) weighing in at 305 grams and the equivalent Tamron SP 35mm f1.8 VC USD (10 elements) weighing in at 480 grams. And that with the Fuji not having a mirrorbox to consider in the design.
So the 45mm f2.8 is not lightweight. The Fuji marketing department says the 80mm macro has "high resolving power at the focus point and beautiful bokeh", and they post two images which show it NOT to have beautiful bokeh. 

The Macro appears to be a cool product. I don't agree fully to "beautiful bokeh", but sharpness and bokeh are not exactly friends together.

The E3 however - if someone has a better idea than my "yaawwwn", please let it out Smile

I've to admit that the differentiation in the Fujifilm X-camera lineup is a bit unclear to me.

In terms of AF performance and image quality - is there any difference between the X-Pro2/T2/T20/E3 ?

Of course, there are differences (viewfinder, weather-sealing, shutter) but why should I go for the top models really? It's like gaining 10-20% over the T20/E3.

...and the bottom (opposite of top)-models come with a touchscreen. Do you think, Fuji has also an idea of "top-models" or flaships? Somehow I think, not. One who wants a touchscreen and an optical viewfinder (for whatever reasons) has no model, one who wants fast speed and a toucscreen, the same. I had much higher expectations for the X-T2, when I look back. thxbb12 already tried to convince me of getting an X-T10 over an X-T1.

If someone whould ask me which one to choose, I'd shrug. My advice would be "try to rent what you have in mind" - specs are one thing but getting them to work another.

Well, from a pricing perspective Fuji has clearly a 3 level strategy:

- X-A3

- T-20/E-3

- T-2/X-Pro 2

The A3 is different at least but the rest ...

I'd probably go for the T-20 in this system.

I think, it's the best value for money. Missed features everybody else has (like user setttings, more flexibility to dedicate functions to Fn-buttons, remote app which just sucks, no GPS, big fight between software options an hardware dials and switches, mostly useless front-dial) are the same for all Fujis in all price regions.

Quote:I've to admit that the differentiation in the Fujifilm X-camera lineup is a bit unclear to me.

In terms of AF performance and image quality - is there any difference between the X-Pro2/T2/T20/E3 ?

Of course, there are differences (viewfinder, weather-sealing, shutter) but why should I go for the top models really? It's like gaining 10-20% over the T20/E3.

The evf is 0.5 inches on the T2, and 0.39 in the E3 and T20, that makes imho quite a big difference, together with the tilting lcd.

I don't like that much the X-E3, at least on paper, with less direct controls than XE2 (iso and wb for example only with touch or with the Q button), no tiltable lcd and no integrated flash.

And also i'm starting to have doubts with Fuji sensors and dust... just gained a dust spot that seems not cleanable on my X-M1 that otherwise i consider a good camera and a great one for the price, seems sandwiched between the sensor and the filter Sad . I've read also many XE2 had this problem...

And another thing i don't like that much is the sync speed only 1/180s, but maybe faster in real world (i have tried my x-m1 goes iirc to 1/200s or even 1/250s), and limited exposure bracketing.
1/180 or 1/250, at some point it's always time to consider highspeed sync, no?

To me, my X-E2 came around 500€ per piece. The new one - in my eyes - doesn't justify double price.