Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax Q7 has bigger sensor
Yes, this thing is absolutely tiny but as others mentioned - it is not pocketable.

But then neither is e.g. a Pana GX1 or a NEX with one of those pancake zoom lenses.

Whether a Q is comparable to a digicam is difficult to tell. If you just go for the standard zoom you have to - and then it'll loose the battle. But there's the reasonably fast tele zoom and at least one serious prime. Plus a lot of C-mount lenses.

Weight-wise the Q is next to nothing and the BQ is great.

I guess I just don't see how this fits in with micro 4/3. It seems like micro 4/3 taken to an extreme but (a) it isn't small enough to actually be pocket able; (b) it lacks micro 4/3 maturity (esp high quality lenses); and © it has all of micro 4/3 flaws doubled (small sensor minimal dof control). Maybe I need to actually play with one to understand? Btw is it contrast focus or phase focus ?

Normally I buy cameras via mail order without caring too much - mostly you just know what you gonna get. The Q has something of the old Minox magic but this means to you really have to experience it 1st hand.

That said - just like the Minox it's a cool camera but not a great one.

And no, there is no phase detection AF.
Quote:Normally I buy cameras via mail order without caring too much - mostly you just know what you gonna get. The Q has something of the old Minox magic but this means to you really have to experience it 1st hand.

That said - just like the Minox it's a cool camera but not a great one.

And no, there is no phase detection AF.
Funny that you mention Minox... I just read an article about the Minox Leica M3 this morning, in a Foto Magazin from 2001.  B)
Minox isn't dead actually - they just announced  a 14mp microcam:

http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=8523&L=2
minox 43mm f2.4 lens but they don't say what size sensor. I think I'm more tempted by the fuji x-e1...

It's worth to look here - IMO not so bad for a small sensor Smile.

A.

I wish they'd talk to Nokia and used the PureView sensor. A 1/1.2" sensor with a 3.24 crop factor. It has very good image quality. I want to see that sensor with exchangeable lenses.