Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Sony A6000 be good as a walkaround lens ?
Tony,

generally speaking the answer is yes. The main pitfall of the EVF is its reduced resolution (even inferior to the one of the NEX-6); this might be a problem if one wants go manually focus (for me, it is: I've bought the a6300 precisely to fix this problem; while the 6300 is better for many respects, the main one to me is the good EVF resolution). For what concerns the performance of low light... it depends on the level of lowness. I like EVFs a lot over OVF, no doubts; one of their most difficult cases is low light with high contrast (e.g. shadows in an alley, with a portion of bright sky). You can arrange things: e.g. temporarily increasing exposure, so the sky is burned out, but you can see the shadow, just for composition; once composition is ok, you fix the exposure. With extremely low light you can have noise, and reduced refresh speed. The best thing, of course, would be - if possible - if you can have a dealer to let you try one in the shop, perhaps asking him for being able to try in a dark corner.

For all the rest, be safe: the commands you mentioned can be activated easily with a few buttons. The camera also offers a good level of customisation with function keys.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
Would Sony A6000 be good as a walkaround lens ? - by stoppingdown - 02-03-2018, 12:32 PM