Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is the lens review score affected by the camera used?
I wonder to which extent are your lens review scores affected by the camera used. Presumably the lenses are reviewed as they become available and different cameras are used. Isa good lens (when tested with an old camera) still good when tested on a more recent model with better sensors and more megapixels? Should all camera reviews be done with the same prime lens and all lens reviews with the same camera?
[quote name='Beppe' timestamp='1331411419' post='16538']

I wonder to which extent are your lens review scores affected by the camera used. Presumably the lenses are reviewed as they become available and different cameras are used. Isa good lens (when tested with an old camera) still good when tested on a more recent model with better sensors and more megapixels? Should all camera reviews be done with the same prime lens and all lens reviews with the same camera?

[/quote]

There are, of course, dependencies towards the camera. However, it is safe to state that the ranking (1st, 2nd ... worst) remains the same on other cameras of the same system. The (star-)ratings will decrease over time because of the higher megapixel counts, of course.
I have an additional question: if you compare test images shot with APS-C and mFT cameras (e.g. test images @ dpreview or imaging resource). Do the mFT cameras have an advantage because they are usually closer to the target (because of the different format)?
[quote name='Tiz' timestamp='1334416525' post='17511']

I have an additional question: if you compare test images shot with APS-C and mFT cameras (e.g. test images @ dpreview or imaging resource). Do the mFT cameras have an advantage because they are usually closer to the target (because of the different format)?

[/quote]

The distance to the target is the same for the equivalent full format focal length regardless of the specific format. That's the situation here at PZ at least.