Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page loading issues with Chrome?
Anyone else have issues with page loads in Chrome browser? Whenever i click on a lens review page, the frame width explodes and all the text expands to the right while all the page content loads. When it is finished loading (after maybe 20 seconds), the frame width reverts back to a normal page size and the text fills the page as normal.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[quote name='e_dawg' timestamp='1316623280' post='11726']

Anyone else have issues with page loads in Chrome browser? Whenever i click on a lens review page, the frame width explodes and all the text expands to the right while all the page content loads. When it is finished loading (after maybe 20 seconds), the frame width reverts back to a normal page size and the text fills the page as normal.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[/quote]

Yes, I see this during loading the page. But loading a lens review page is finished in under a second for me and thus I don't see this as a problem.
[quote name='ThomasD' timestamp='1316628539' post='11732']

Yes, I see this during loading the page. But loading a lens review page is finished in under a second for me and thus I don't see this as a problem.

[/quote]

I'm using Chrome all the time and have never really experienced this but then the page loading is also finished within a fraction of a second.

Where are you located ?
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1316628862' post='11733']

I'm using Chrome all the time and have never really experienced this but then the page loading is also finished within a fraction of a second.

Where are you located ?

[/quote]

Located in Canada. Have a 6 Mbit/s VDSL connection at home and better than a T1 connection at work. Firefox is perfectly fine at home and IE is perfectly fine at work, though. Just chrome for some reason.

My apologies: admittedly, 20 seconds is an exaggeration... more like 5-10 seconds usually.
Figured out what is causing the problem: i have traced it to a chrome extension called AutoZoom that makes it easier to view webpages on high resolution monitors. I figure this plug-in is reloading and rescaling all the page elements before it can display them.