• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leica 8-18mm f/2.8-4 ASPH announced
Nice ...

http://shop.panasonic.com/cameras-and-ca...08018.html

To see it in terms I understand:

16-38mm FF equivalent: Nice.

f5.6-8 FF equivalent: Meh.

Weather sealed: nice.

$1099.99: Silly high price for a lens with this aperture range and this amount of glass (315 grams). But silly high prices seem to be in fashion lately.

Well obviously you should make one and sell it for $250 since the price is excessive you should make a fortune.

Quote:$1099.99: Silly high price for a lens with this aperture range and this amount of glass (315 grams). But silly high prices seem to be in fashion lately.
Have you seen any interchangeable lens with Leica name on it cheaper?

Price does not reflect the value of a product, but how much you are ready to pay.

As long as people are ready to pay prices will stay high
Quote:Have you seen any interchangeable lens with Leica name on it cheaper?
Panasonic's Leica-branded primes.
Well, the Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 is more expensive than that Leica lens.

Quote:Well, the Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 is more expensive than that Leica lens.

The Olympus is wider and faster.
enjoy
I do see silly prices paid for average gear quite often. Prices reflect what the customers are ready to pay not the product value.

A friend of mine bought manual focus voigtlander 20mmf3.5 for the same price he could get Canon 20mmf2.8 or Sigma 20mm f1.4 he is quite happy with it for me that was a pointless waste of money.
Quote:The Olympus is wider and faster.

The thing is - it's not overpriced in the MFT context. Whether it's worth it is a different question of course.

Soon in this theatre ... 
Quote:I do see silly prices paid for average gear quite often. Prices reflect what the customers are ready to pay not the product value.

A friend of mine bought manual focus voigtlander 20mmf3.5 for the same price he could get Canon 20mmf2.8 or Sigma 20mm f1.4 he is quite happy with it for me that was a pointless waste of money.
The Voigtlander only costs €400 new, and is a nice compact UWA prime. What exactly is the pointless waste of money?

The Sigma 20mm f1.4 Art is a lot more expensive, big and heavy. Obvious one can make an understandable choice for either.