Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeiss Batis 135mm f/2.8 is officially released now
https://www.zeiss.co.uk/camera-lenses/ph...28135.html

So 1999$ ... OMG.

It's featuring a Zeiss-native IS.

You mean, a Cosina developed IS?  Big Grin

I love it. Not long ago the marketing blurb about manual focus, not to speak of IS, and why Zeiss has to go this way to deliver "highest quality". I always suspected that to be a cheap excuse not to go into R+D for doing a high quality AF. Asking premium prices for lowmium technology... I wonder, how long the Zeiss reputation keeps people paying more for less.

They say it's APO ... whatever this may mean in Zeiss land (regarding bokeh fringing).

Do they really say it is APO?

So far they say, it is APO-Sonnar design, this makes sometimes a difference, these specific wordings. I quote myself biut maybe these wording differences are merely academic.

Quote:You mean, a Cosina developed IS?  Big Grin

I love it. Not long ago the marketing blurb about manual focus, not to speak of IS, and why Zeiss has to go this way to deliver "highest quality". I always suspected that to be a cheap excuse not to go into R+D for doing a high quality AF. Asking premium prices for lowmium technology... I wonder, how long the Zeiss reputation keeps people paying more for less.
In the Zeiss land, even cheap excuses are not cheap. Smile
Quote:In the Zeiss land, even cheap excuses are not cheap. Smile

Yeah....cheap excuses are BS.......expensive ones are fraud!   B)

$2,000   Hmmm......  APO but only F2.8 surely at that price it should be an F2!

Sigma 150mm F2.8  APO  shallower  DOF....... shallower DOP ........(depth of pocket) and it's a macro!

No this Zeiss is the new way of re-hiking the price of lenses, and F2.8 is too small an aperture for a top flight portrait lens.

Then there is the newly announced Sigma 135mm F1.8 coming soon.
Lensrentals tested a single copy.

We're all loosers here.

Meyer Görlitz just came up with a Primagon, 24/2.8 (heck what a fasssst glasss) for Fuji X. So we soon can get the first APS-C glass for 5500 $. My goodness, why do they bother me with this cheap chunk?

"And suddenly the GFX50S looks like a bargain" said Patrick, the hardcore Fuji fan.  :lol:

Sorry guys, I need to get a bigger flamethrower, I burn my cash far too slow.

I am wrong, BTW. The 85mm has also a Zeiss IS.

And the 135mm does not correct bokeh fringing. I've spotted an image with green halos in the background.

Quote:I am wrong, BTW. The 85mm has also a Zeiss IS.

And the 135mm does not correct bokeh fringing. I've spotted an image with green halos in the background.

The girly marriage shot.....the wall behind looks to green fringe a little.... If it's not the image can you post the link?

No in fact it's just the border is actually green!