Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Fuji X-T2 and XF 100-400mm Ready for Bird Photography?
I tried birds photography several times, some birds like seagulls are quite easy since they hover over your head and pass several times, for those even manual focus is easy, other birds are more challenging since all the time they give can be as little as 2-3 seconds.

Shooting seagulls with 7Dmkii is very easy, tracking works like a charm and is not fooled by some obstacles or even other birds passing by, however for other birds like European robins we have here that barely give you a second before disappearing between the branches of the trees, I barely have time framing, although I had some few acceptable shots, for those even with good tracking I hardly see a mirrorless camera cope with such speed.

There are some blue small birds I spot from time to time on the beach here, they are so quick I never managed framing one, let along shooting it

Messages In This Thread
Is Fuji X-T2 and XF 100-400mm Ready for Bird Photography? - by toni-a - 01-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Is Fuji X-T2 and XF 100-400mm Ready for Bird Photography? - by davidmanze - 01-14-2018, 06:07 AM