Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
that awkward moment you realize you brought tge wrong equipment
I was shooting tonight a pre wedding dinner, in Lebanon that's practically 200 persons they dine and dance and celebrate, it's just like the wedding but only "family and close friends" are invited and since it's unofficial people tend to be more relaxed.
I took with me Sony A6000 plus 16-50 plus 8mm fisheye, along with 7Dmkii plus 10-18 plus 24-105f4L plus 50f1.4 plus 85 f1.8 plus flash Canon 580 EX.
First the primes were totally pointless, no time to swap lenses  and no interesting colors in background.
A camera with hot shoe  flash and a camera without it aren't complementary, so Sony was of no use except for fisheye shots.
24mm at the wide end on 7D that's not wide enenough and swapping lenses was an odd thing to do.
better setups would have been 5D plus  24-105
7D plus 15-85 or two body setup as usual, lesson learnt
I thought you don't do weddings anymore ;-)

I'm not into this (thank god) but if the average professional serves as a guidance, the perfect setup seems to be two FF bodies with a 24-70mm f/2.8 and a 70-200mm f/2.8.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(06-25-2018, 10:17 PM)Klaus Wrote: I thought you don't do weddings anymore ;-)

It was a pre wedding  Blush
I feel your pain - I ventured out one night to shoot the soccer fans without the 24/1.4 lens and had heaps of problems because relying on an f/4 lens at night is, suffice to say, not a good idea. Smile (though an f/4.5-5.6 lens would've been an even worse idea). Smile