Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon mirrorless is official now
There is one little bit in the rumors that has me worried as an amateur photographer, and excited as a fan of technologies, it's that the lenses will have Fresnel elements (source). This is not something that we see often, as far as I know, there are only the Canon 70-300mm DO and the Nikon 300 f4E PF that are available.

That kind of lens is smaller than standard lenses of the same focal length, but there is an impact on bokeh, flares, halos... and the price of the lenses.
(08-22-2018, 04:31 PM)WyldRage Wrote: There is one little bit in the rumors that has me worried as an amateur photographer, and excited as a fan of technologies, it's that the lenses will have Fresnel elements (source). This is not something that we see often, as far as I know, there are only the Canon 70-300mm DO and the Nikon 300 f4E PF that are available.

That kind of lens is smaller than standard lenses of the same focal length, but there is an impact on bokeh, flares, halos... and the price of the lenses.
Thanks for linking to the source and pointing that out. I have a bit mixed feelings about fresnel lens, but I admit, size and weight of the 300/4 PF E are small enough to take it with me without a special plan to do long range shots. Compared to some Sigma primes it's lightweight. Bokeh a bit more nervous - but nothing to run away of at first glance...
(08-22-2018, 04:21 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: ....
There is no point is sticking to a system that you don't like. Life is too short for that!
Now, I'd be quite interested in buying your X-T2 if you are going to sell it, eheh Wink
The Fujis are quite nice, but often I find myself going really lightweight (2kg, 2 Sigma Merrills + tiny tripod) or really fat loaded. Admittedly, I'm not quickly jumping in and out the menus of the Fujis, I often need to take two, three attempts to use the right junction (like card formatting is a user setting...)

Anyway, I'll send you a mail.