Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test report: Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS
Good
http://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaff...70200f28gm
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Hum vignetting pretty high which (to me) suggest underdeveloped design. Pity the canon lens was never tested on a high resolution sensor.
With all the innuendo, I was expecting a surprise of the negative kind. Glad it hasn't materialized. I'm not going to switch to Sony but this lens looks good. Would've made a good combo with the 12-24/4 and the 24-70/4 if the latter hadn't sucked so much.
Are there examples of lenses that vignet less at these focal lengths on Sony mirrorless FF? If not, maybe it is more a function of the small mount diameter, rather than "underdeveloped design"?
(07-29-2018, 11:13 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Are there examples of lenses that vignet less at these focal lengths on Sony mirrorless FF? If not, maybe it is more a function of the small mount diameter, rather than "underdeveloped design"?

I only checked two lenses but both of them - the 90mmf2.8 and 135mmf1.8 had less vignetting wide open. So the answer to your question is yes there are example of lenses that vignet less at those focal lengths.