Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seems as if some of the exotic/vintage lens offerings will be no more
https://photorumors.com/2018/08/08/net-s...ore-100193
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Unfortunate for the business that their main investor had to pull out due to his physical condition........

........being such a small company........maybe they can find another investor!
Yeah, they should look on kickstarter for investors ¬_¬
Call me paranoid but this sounds like a lame excuse for spectacularly failing on the business front - and really, come on, who could believe that this sort of enterprise can be self-sustainable.  Confused
Germany may be one of the more expensive countries to built lenses........

.......the smart move would bee to transfer production to China/Thailand.

When you see such things as this:

"Meyer-Optik announced a new high-end Primagon 24mm f/2.8 lens priced at $5,499"...........

It makes one think that are taking us for complete fools/suckers..........the Chinese could probably produce it for a 1/10 of the price!
(08-13-2018, 10:13 AM)davidmanze Wrote: Germany may be one of the more expensive countries to built lenses........

"Meyer-Optik announced a new high-end Primagon 24mm f/2.8 lens priced at $5,499"...........

It makes one think that are taking us for complete fools/suckers..........the Chinese could probably produce it for a 1/10 of the price!

Who tells you the lenses are manufactured in Germany? There are tons of old brand names these days owned by some investment companies which have absolutely nothing to do with a "passion for optics". I suspect, the lenses are manufactured in one of the low-salary countries. Even Zeiss leaves it to Cosina...

Anybody going for Meyer Görlitz stuff has just too much money to burn.

In case of the Irix lens, they clearly state: "designed in Switzerland, manufactured in Korea". Now, I still try to figure out who messed with the electrical contact for apterure - currently my 11/4 is somewhere in Poland (and where was this country in the description of origins...?) to get a repair.
Yeah, that $5499 24/2.8 lens - that thankfully has never come to be - looked like a striking low point amid the otherwise already depressive landscape. Like a Dead Sea magically moved to somewhere amid the Turfan Depression. Smile
(08-13-2018, 10:20 AM)JJ_SO Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 10:13 AM)davidmanze Wrote: Germany may be one of the more expensive countries to built lenses........

Who tells you the lenses are manufactured in Germany? There are tons of old brand names these days owned by some investment companies which have absolutely nothing to do with a "passion for optics". I suspect, the lenses are manufactured in one of the low-salary countries. Even Zeiss leaves it to Cosina...

Anybody going for Meyer Görlitz stuff has just too much money to burn.

In case of the Irix lens, they clearly state: "designed in Switzerland, manufactured in Korea". Now, I still try to figure out who messed with the electrical contact for apterure - currently my 11/4 is somewhere in Poland (and where was this country in the description of origins...?) to get a repair.

Well, "designed in Switzerland", maybe only on a holiday. As far as was able to figure out the Swiss address is just a mail box (maybe for tax purposes). More likely is the Polish connection for the designer.