Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cameras with best color reproduction
It's mostly about auto white balance performance yes, but it's not just about white balance, even when set with grey card almost all my canon cameras had troubles with highly saturated reds.of course with raw converters you correct a lot of flaws but better have it straight from the beginnning.
It's not a biggy if you are a landscape shooter and have few pictures at the end of the day, However when you cover an event and you have to hand 500+ pictures next day, it's a true nightmare
Time for you to read up on Canon AWB settings for the latest cameras.
(10-11-2018, 12:26 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Time for you to read up on Canon AWB settings for the latest cameras.

For shooting events my 7Dmkii is awesome absolutely no complaints concerning colors
(10-12-2018, 08:20 AM)toni-a Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 12:26 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Time for you to read up on Canon AWB settings for the latest cameras.

For shooting events my 7Dmkii is awesome absolutely no complaints concerning colors

And still it is time for you to read up on it.
Hi toni
sometime I'm surprised from your questions. I know you well. You are telented photographer , times ago I have learned from you photography - 14..16years ago. At that time you organized photo parties - Marcus and Klaus ware active too, the new internet stars Brightcolors and JJ_so ware with zero posts here.
Taking a good exposure and getting the right WB is something basics, and I cannot imagine that you did not know it
(10-14-2018, 08:38 PM)miro Wrote: Hi toni
sometime  I'm surprised from your questions. I know you well. You are telented photographer , times ago I have learned from you photography - 14..16years ago. At that time you organized photo parties - Marcus and Klaus ware active too, the new internet stars  Brightcolors and JJ_so ware with zero posts here.
Taking a good exposure and getting the right WB is something basics, and I cannot imagine that you did not know it
Hi Miro
it's about 2 situations: first the basics you are right: getting exposure and white balance correct, that's very important if you have many pictures, however most flaws here can be easily and rapidly corrected when shooting RAW
second situation which is the initial discussion is how accurate the colors are when white balance and exposure are correct.
 Take the same pictures with two different cameras, even if you set same white balance and exposure you will have slightly different colors
here's an example they shot a color chart with panasonic G9, to the left G9 colors to the right reference color. as you can see colors are not 100% accurate however believe me if you see charts next to each other without corresponding colors juxtaposition you won't be able to tell the difference, so is it relevant for the end result, up to you to judge

[Image: pang9_Color-1-1024x724.jpg]
I think such charts are misleading. Just like during the film era you won't use the same color profile for every scene.
e.g. for outdoors I used Velvia, maybe Kodachrome. For portraits there was Fuji Astia. For street photography, Provia was good.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Exactly that's why I was questioning if such test results were relevant in our daily practice
It's extremely hard to tell really.

For me, Olympus colors feel fairly off for instance. Now the big question is ... is that the RAW converter profile, the WB or ... me. ;-)
I'd still put it on the WB.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Newer Canon bodies have an extra choice setting for WB, the traditional "keep some of the warmth/character of the light conditions" Canon look, and a new more "neutral" one. That is what has changed.