Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor: Fujinon XC 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Pancake Power Zoom
Quote:It's quite small indeed. I really really like the fact it starts at 15mm.

Klaus, are you going to review it at some point?

Yep. Also because I'm personally interested in this lens. ;-)
It is very similar to the Canon 15-45mm in size, weight, and construction:

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[Image: efm1545f3563isstm-lens-construction.png]

[Image: PZ2.jpg]

The outside design doesn't look similar to me. The diameter, switch and thee scale are definitely different. And the inside design also looks different to me at the sensor side. And honestly, the Canon version does appear more compact and elegant. On the Fuji side of things... I must say, to me it's weird or contradictional: On one hand they are all about buttons, dials, knobs, joysticks, aperture and focus ring with scales - and then this plastic can come swithout anything of that.

JoJu, I did not say design, I said construction Wink, meaning the optical construction with the similar layout, which explains the similar size.

And the size: Diameter Fuji: 62.6mm, Canon: 60.9mm. Length Fuji: 44.2, Canon 44.5. Weight Fuji: 135g, Canon: 130g.

If that's the inner construction, the two pictures you posted, then the rear construction is very different and to my eye far away from similar. The front section looks definitely similar to nearly identical....

The point is that they are similar hence the similar size, not that one is a copy of the other.

Quote:It is very similar to the Canon 15-45mm in size, weight, and construction:

Oh, my bad. I should have known that 2 out of 3 already are enough...  Big Grin
I agree with BC that the overall design is similar. The Canon lens is not too shabby.

My biggest concern is QC - something that Fuji is still struggling with - and the PZ mechanism doesn't make things easier there.

Just wonder about Fuji. Has QC become better in the last years? I bought five lenses 2016-2017, and they are just fine. Maybe I was lucky. I can´t say that about my m4/3-lenses. Almost a third of them had bad centring (or even very bad) and had to be returned.

Quote:Just wonder about Fuji. Has QC become better in the last years? I bought five lenses 2016-2017, and they are just fine. Maybe I was lucky. I can´t say that about my m4/3-lenses. Almost a third of them had bad centring (or even very bad) and had to be returned.

Their prime lenses are fine but the zooms are a hit and miss.

Panasonic lenses are also a hit and miss, yes.