Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG... I'm hooked again!
1600 € for grey market and here we'd get it for 1790,- officially non-grey. But that's not helping much - if you'd buy it here, it would be much more complicated to get it serviced.

Can you provide a link?

Sure. 1944 francs = 1790 €, no? But if you import it from CH, chances are high to pay 13% more just because of higher VAT, so, if you not travel to CH, there's no point in trying to order.

Quote:Sure. 1944 francs = 1790 €, no? But if you import it from CH, chances are high to pay 13% more just because of higher VAT, so, if you not travel to CH, there's no point in trying to order.
 Thanks for the link JoJu.

How much is the VAT in Switzerland? Nice that you get a three tear guarantee there!
only 8%...  Smile

Yes, these days most dealers sell with a longer Swiss-guarantee period of Nikon Switzerland. Two I'm aware of did try to make grey market business, but apparently Nikon CH managed to close these gaps. Oh. and I also saw Nikon cashback, but not for D5/500, only for old stuff.

8% is nice!

Wowcamera had already sent another D500, it arrives tomorrow by UPS.

Priceminister holds back payment to Wowcamera and others on the site by 14 days, giving you time to check out your purchase and decide if you want to keep it, then if you want to return the purchase, it then handles the communication between the buyer, the seller and them.

Briefly....your guaranteed to be reimbursed, but knowing what's going down isn't clear between anybody!

The replacement D500 arrived and I had done ball park tests within the hour. No adjustment for the telephotos, some for the wide angles, the 24/28mm AFDs were off the scale with the first body, here -10/15 is needed, all the rest of the lenses need just a little!

So all in all a bit painful but all's well that ends well.

Addendum.  Further testing of the AF28D revealed that this lens is just plain out of spec. needing -20 on the D7100, -15 on the new D500. so......