Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard to believe but true...a major advantage for photographers in the gulf area...
Those who live here should have guessed instantly: safety.... It's one of the safest places to live...violence and thefts are very rare here....
I realized I lost my Canon 15-85 around one  month ago, and couldn't remember where I lost it, searched for it to no avail, today had a shooting at the church, before leaving I passed by the security agent and asked if they had a lens in lost and found, he asked for description for my lost lens, after giving description, handed me back my lens saying it's here since march....
Nowhere else would you lose your gear and find it one month later. 
2 years ago, I lost my Sony A6000 on the bench in a crowded park on Qatar National day... to find it intact  3 hours later...
I am happy to have my beloved 15-85 back Smile
(04-25-2024, 08:20 PM)toni-a Wrote: Those who live here should have guessed instantly: safety.... It's one of the safest places to live...violence and thefts are very rare here....
I realized I lost my Canon 15-85 around one  month ago, and couldn't remember where I lost it, searched for it to no avail, today had a shooting at the church, before leaving I passed by the security agent and asked if they had a lens in lost and found, he asked for description for my lost lens, after giving description, handed me back my lens saying it's here since march....
Nowhere else would you lose your gear and find it one month later. 
2 years ago, I lost my Sony A6000 on the bench in a crowded park on Qatar National day... to find it intact  3 hours later...
I am happy to have my beloved 15-85 back Smile

Hey Toni, that's great to hear. Japan is very similar. I have several stories similar to yours, but the one I like is when my wife went to visit the Gap in Tokyo for business. They were asking her what is the "loss" line is and wanted to know why the US office expected it to be filled out. When she explained that line was for money lost due to stealing, they couldn't understand why someone would take something and not pay.