Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tokina Firin 20mm f/2 FE announced
BC, define "matte focus screens" - I blurbed only about matte screens and meant focusing screens. But whatever is the right word, it will not focus properly with a 85/1.2  Tongue

Instead of Tamron use Meyer Görlitz or Voigtländer. On photokina you can't throw a Canon body without hitting half a dozen exhibition stands with manual focus glass. 

Quote:BC, define "matte focus screens" - I blurbed only about matte screens and meant focusing screens. But whatever is the right word, it will not focus properly with a 85/1.2  Tongue

Instead of Tamron use Meyer Görlitz or Voigtländer. On photokina you can't throw a Canon body without hitting half a dozen exhibition stands with manual focus glass. 
This is a 20mm f2 for mirrorless Tongue And those have no focus screens Wink

And uhmm... pretty sure my 6D's Eg-S screen will do a pretty good job, and the focus confirmation maybe too. The screen will anyway be more accurate than focus speaking.

wide angle wide open, maybe close up? I really like to see how that will be like on a focus screen - while peaking at 100% is pretty accurate. And you know quite well, that I was not specifically referring to this Sony mount lens, but to the mass of manual focus stuff which floods all booths on photokina this year. And this forum right before photokina. It's just a bit boring.