Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma ART lenses soon in Sony FE mount
Quote:we talk again in a hundred years  B)

Horse coaches also didn't dispappear 100% but don't play much of a role in today's traffic.

Yes - the point is agreeing on what we could define the "residual threshold". As you know I'm pretty enthusiast of my mirrorless system, but selling reports aren't telling the DSLR decline story yet...
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Quote:Perhaps in a hundred years, but not in decades. Same for DSLR, even though the pace can be faster.
  Yes in decades......in fact Europe wants to ban the sale of all diesel and petrol cars by 2040!

Paris wants them banned by 2030!    and will ban very soon all vehicles over 15 years old!

Sony wants to ban DSLRs by the end of the week!  (all except the A99 II)  :angry:

2040... 2030. Curiously, all the high and loud proclaims made by politicians are well beyond the end of their mandate.  Rolleyes  Curiously, mostly of the (definitely less ambitious) proclaims of the past, that should have been achieved by now, haven't been achieved. :wacko:

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
  You look young enough to see the outcome!

The electric car is well and truly here, in just three years the industry went from nothing to just about every principle car manufacturer producing at least one electric car..........things are happening fast! 

But I'm also old enough to say that "it's just three years" has been told us for twenty years...  :lol:  We're seeing some very small cars for urban use, that's right, but nothing serious for replacing general purpose cars. The most proclaimed ones, Tesla's products, are just a colossal fake - or, better, a Ponzi scheme.

stoppingdown.net

Quote:But I'm also old enough to say that "it's just three years" has been told us for twenty years...  :lol:  We're seeing some very small cars for urban use, that's right, but nothing serious for replacing general purpose cars. The most proclaimed ones, Tesla's products, are just a colossal fake - or, better, a Ponzi scheme.

A colossal fake? 

I've been following the scenario for a few years since the Maclaren release,  which at least showed the way. Tesla cars have shown it works and actually achieve what they claim.

I see no sign of fake...difficulties , yes!

I also see hard financial times ahead for Elon Musk, Tesla has yet to return a profit on car sales, the Powerwall company, not to mention SpaceX,  much money will be needed to be raised, but it has to be done and will be done, the future of the planet depends ultimately on pollution reduction.

Have you really studied what is happening in the Elon Musk world?  ....Maybe it's the Italian Ferrari mentality which turns public opinion against electric vehicles where you are?..........

...  I suggest you have another look! ........Oh and keep chucking out the smoke!

Sorry for the off topic guys!.......perhaps you would like to reply by PM stopping down?

Me too, stoppingdown, I also suggest to check out other regions of the world, namely China. City of Shenzhen recently switched to buses which only run on electricity - no more diesels. The first had more batteries than space for passengers. 5 years later it's other way around.

We're talking about 14.000 buses:

[Image: pic.jpg]

The fact that some European leaders are either paid or slaves of the car industry (to exaggerate a little bit, but check out the relation of Volkswagen or BMW and local parliaments) and sooo afraid of going on, doesn't count much. China is already on the move, and if German car manufacturers don't deliver because they keep on demanding tax money for their R&D, then others will overtake them.

Besides, the Tesla leaves at 400km/h each Italian sportster far behind  Wink until the next power plug is needed ....

I have studied the Tesla case, and I repeat that there are arguments to say it's a fake. They can't even manufact the number of cars they promise; they are really expensive, in spite of the fact that they get tons of fiscal contributions. The space project of Musk is precisely the next step of the Ponzi scheme.

Just saying that we must resolve pollution doesn't mean that anything that proclaims to solve it works. Furthermore, electric cars doesn't reduce pollution. They just move pollution elsewhere, because you have to produce that electricity. That it can be produced with solar and eolic in sufficient quantities must be demonstrated. And Tesla didn't compute how many pollutants are required for the creation and disposal of batteries (which, BTW, have a life cycle of just a few years). BTW batteries are extremely pollutant when they catch fire, arguably more than gasoline or such, in fact fire brigates have been provided special instructions to deal with them (it's also much harder to extinguish their fire).

Buses aren't cars, as far as I know. Rolleyes

stoppingdown.net

Buses are cars.

In Switzerland they're called cars, in France, too. It's only the English who confuse them with automobiles  Big Grin

Tesla is only one project. Dyson also put billions in the development of new batteries. You're right, that some part of pollution (at least these days) is just substituted with another one - and I'm a bit afraid, that the typical manager types will use electric or hybrid cars to justify new nuclear power stations, because getting solar energy out of Sahara suddenly endangers Western "supremacy".

But it's also clear that conventional cars don't come for free or are cleaner than electric ones. In a single petrol or diesel engine is a lot of parts and a lot of work involved, it goes on with the gearbox, exhaust, petrol tank. Electro motors are comparatively easy to manufacture. So, if you say, Tesla didn't calculate this or that, I just ask, did Ford, Peugeot, Fiat, VW or BMW do better in the past?

Quote:I have studied the Tesla case, and I repeat that there are arguments to say it's a fake. They can't even manufact the number of cars they promise; they are really expensive, in spite of the fact that they get tons of fiscal contributions. The space project of Musk is precisely the next step of the Ponzi scheme.

Just saying that we must resolve pollution doesn't mean that anything that proclaims to solve it works. Furthermore, electric cars doesn't reduce pollution. They just move pollution elsewhere, because you have to produce that electricity. That it can be produced with solar and eolic in sufficient quantities must be demonstrated. And Tesla didn't compute how many pollutants are required for the creation and disposal of batteries (which, BTW, have a life cycle of just a few years). BTW batteries are extremely pollutant when they catch fire, arguably more than gasoline or such, in fact fire brigates have been provided special instructions to deal with them (it's also much harder to extinguish their fire).

Buses aren't cars, as far as I know. Rolleyes

I guess I'll stick to lens talk with you stopping down!

For the life of me I just can't see how you come to those conclusions!

I take it that your cameras are all diesel... Huh  :o  Tongue  Big Grin

http://fortune.com/2017/06/07/2-million-electric-cars/