Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D
I use adapters.  It's a necessity if you want to...well adapt a lens.  But I do consider them the weakest link on the lens.  Correct thickness?  Flatness?  Doesn't get stuck on the lens?  On the camera?  Any rotational play?  Will it fall off by itself?  Is it properly blacked out with no light leaks?...and, don't laugh...Is the printing upside down?  (If it is, DON'T LAUGH!  Will you try to put it on the camera or lens upside down?).  I was thinking maybe I would rather have one than not have one.  Do I need one on a lens that everything beyond a few inches is in focus anyway?  Need is a strong word...My question directed to Laowa:  Do you need my business?

I wasn't aware that some of the newer lenses are a problem with chips.  Does this mean that chipped adapters will have to have little usb adapters that let you download the latest firmware updates? 

To sum it up, I feel like sticking up for Laowa when people criticize the lenses as being pointless, or cheap.  I think the makers want to let you have a better way to do close, and wide angle macros.  And other less important stuff.  Joju?  You actually own the 15mm 1:1 macro I think?  And...do not like it?  Sorry wrong thread, but, I mean...I must have it wrong!  Granted I have never so much as set eyes on any of their lenses.  I have seen some remarkable photos.  So, yes, that means I like that photographer's skill.  And only think that the lens must be good. 

This is maybe a little sad, but when I read a PZ review, I really want to see the photos, and how many stars Klaus gives the lens before I make up my mind!  What I mean to say is if PZ were to do a review on the 15mm 1:1, or the 60mm 2:1, I'd still be interested in reading the reviews.  I've pretty much decided no more manual focus lenses for me.  But Laowa can do some very special things!  But can they do them well?

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D - by Guest - 07-29-2016, 12:14 PM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D - by davidmanze - 07-30-2016, 07:41 PM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D - by Arthur Macmillan - 08-10-2016, 06:41 AM