Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikkor AF-S 105mm f1.4E ED to be announced soon
Quote:Optically no doubt it will be good, but I don't rate their level of construction as highly as they rate it's price tag. One of the things about the modern Nikon's, their plastic feels consumer boomer!...

They would be crazy to do this in plastic. My guess is, the body will be magnesium like the 85, 35, 24 f/1.4 series the 200/2 and the 105/2.8 VR micro as well. Everything else would only trigger the trolls <_< 

But we're still doing the same mistake, aren't we? Outside plastic, inside (invisible) metal = "crap". Outside metal, inside plastic = "great mechanical quality".

Horseshit!

So far I had two lenses slipping out of my hand at the wrong moment. One was a Sigma art (their "thermally stable composite" is a high end plastic with added materials and is molded, therefore plastic), the other a Nikkor 24/1.4. Both ended with a little dent in the filter thread - and that's it. Inside of both lenses the structures are mostly metal, whereas the first Sony lenses and Fujinons, too, have to rely on plastic. "Metal" is no sign for quality, scrap can also be metal...

Messages In This Thread
Nikkor AF-S 105mm f1.4E ED to be announced soon - by davidmanze - 07-27-2016, 05:39 AM
Nikkor AF-S 105mm f1.4E ED to be announced soon - by Studor13 - 07-27-2016, 06:06 AM
Nikkor AF-S 105mm f1.4E ED to be announced soon - by JJ_SO - 07-27-2016, 06:55 AM