Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what do you think of the Sigma SD Quattro ?
I was decided to go for the sd H quattro, get a 18-35 and 50-100 plus the grip. I like the simplicity, the design and the results of the dp 0 quattro are to my likening, so the results of the new quattros should be not far away from the D810.

Now it all depends what Sigma is replying to my complaint about their new Photo Pro 6.4.0 version. With 6.3.3, I could open a file and wait to be ready to zoom in to 100% in 30 seconds, That already is close to my limit of impatience. The new version now needs 90 sec on the iMac (2.8 GHz / 12 GB) and 70 sec on the MacBook (2.5 GHz / 8 GB). This is not acceptable for me, so I went back to the old version.

Which cannot handle the sd quattro files. The only other RAW-converter on the Mac is Iridient and it's developer told me he will not support the quattro sensor, not enough users are asking for and it has become more complicated to handle. Btw., Iridient opens a Merrill RAW in something like 7 secs and toggles to 100% view in 3 sec - those times Photo Pro users can only dream of.

But it will need some time in Switzerland to become available, maybe Sigma manages to bring this bloody piece of stone-age 32-bit (really....) software to the old standard in terms of processing time. Otherwise there's no point for me to invest in a camera with a super-exotic lens-mount.

Messages In This Thread
So what do you think of the Sigma SD Quattro ? - by JJ_SO - 07-14-2016, 05:43 AM
So what do you think of the Sigma SD Quattro ? - by davidmanze - 07-14-2016, 05:53 PM