Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what do you think of the Sigma SD Quattro ?
Quote:I was surprised that images are becoming fairly noisy from ISO 800 already.

Thus yes - this seems to be a low ISO camera.

The choice of mount is good and bad I reckon. It is a low confidence vote though - they don't believe that they can be more than a niche vendor so they can't afford a dedicated lineup. A better conclusion would have been MFT then though.
The thing is that of they made a "native" mount with short enough flange distance, they would already have 4 DN primes for the non-H version of the camera. They introduced a Sony FE mount adapter for DSLR lenses at the same time as this camera, which made it all the more obvious? But yes, the H version makes that more complicated for buyers, and a real native lens line up would probably be not doable.

With the light loss through the 3 layers (the blue layer gets contaminated by red and green, which need to be calculated out, the green layer gets contaminated by red and misses an amount of green that got lost in the top layer, the "red" layer actually captures  yellow, which then has to be calculated to red, combined with the loss in the top 2 layers) I would have been very surprised if they had better high ISO performance..

Messages In This Thread
So what do you think of the Sigma SD Quattro ? - by Brightcolours - 07-14-2016, 09:11 AM
So what do you think of the Sigma SD Quattro ? - by davidmanze - 07-14-2016, 05:53 PM