Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tripod head for Sigma 150-600 C? Gimbal?
Dave, excellent shots... I like the vulture (and also the other stuff, specially the birds in older uploads).

I'm absolutely skeptical about my capability of developing muscles, so that lens in my case would be a waste of technology.  Rolleyes  So, I'm appreciating my Sigma 150-600mm that I perused for three days in the Alps. 

Thanks for all the suggestions about the head. I've starting read the links you provided.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Thanks Chris! BTW. Love Cambridge, I did a refurb (carpenter) on a big building on the corner of the road that leads down to the city station, love the spirit of the city with it's great student population, one of the best places in England to live!

Thanks SD! You look a lot younger than I, all those Italian Alps will do you the world of good, bags of fresh air! Good luck with your shooting the Sigma!

Marvellous shots, dave, it was a good decision to go for the prime glass and you handle it well.

I lost a bit track in all your eBay shopping trips: Which kin dog head do you have now, or you still prefer handheld?

Quote:Marvelous  shots, dave, it was a good decision to go for the prime glass and you handle it well.

I lost a bit track in all your eBay shopping trips: Which kin dog head do you have now, or you still prefer handheld?

Thanks JoJu coming from you! 

Basically I hand hold, in bursts, it's a heavy lens, not ideal for long term holding, so I shoot and catch my breath

, LOL, I try with a mono-pod, but you end up holding the lens/body and everything in mid-air , which is worse; So I try to cover all bases, ball-head arca-plate whatever, anyways the bummer is that everywhere is dry,dry dry, July onwards, it's a question of thunderstorms.....where are they?

Waiting for a storm!!

Right here, right now

It thunderstormed this morning but has now calmed, not enough to fill my "ancient salin though"

Currently dancing in circles in my grass skirt with smoking bamboo sticks chanting and making mysterious noises looking up at the sky in front my boat,

Causing a bit of a stir actually!  :o  Tongue