Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samyang AF 35 mm F2.8 FE vs Leica Sonnar 35mm F2.8 Lenstip review.
Interesting, Dave. To stress the comparison results, they say:

Quote:[Coma has] been so far the only category where the Zeiss Sonnar 2.8/35 fared noticeably better than the cheaper Samyang.

But the defect appears at the FF borders, no problem if the lens is mounted on an APS-C camera. According the suggestion of Obican I've dropped the Sony in my evaluation list, and now I'm adding the Samyang.

Further in the review, they say that the Sonnar has less vignetting wide open (but more stopped down) and performs better with the sun in the frame.

Interesting, Dave. To stress the comparison results, they say:

Quote:[Coma has] been so far the only category where the Zeiss Sonnar 2.8/35 fared noticeably better than the cheaper Samyang.

But the defect appears at the FF borders, no problem if the lens is mounted on an APS-C camera. Further in the review, they say that the Sonnar has less vignetting wide open (but more stopped down) and performs better with the sun in the frame.

According the suggestion of Obican I've dropped the Sony in my evaluation list, and now I'm adding the Samyang.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
Samyang AF 35 mm F2.8 FE vs Leica Sonnar 35mm F2.8 Lenstip review. - by stoppingdown - 12-08-2017, 10:45 AM