Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FE 50/1.8, FE 70-300/4.5-5.6, RX10III
Quote:4 aspheres in a zoom.  What a time to be alive.

Bokeh ...
Quote:Bokeh ...
https://fstoppers.com/originals/first-ha...ens-122829

The bokeh looks pretty good there actually, even if it has 4 aspheres? Contrary to some other Sony lenses with aspheres which show very big bokeh short comings like the

[Image: sal2470z_construction.gif]

Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm  f2.8 ZA SSM, 

or the Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 16-35mm f2.8 ZA SSM. 
Quote:Bokeh ...
I kinda doubt that the bokeh aficionados are going to even look at this lens because "you can't get any boken out of a 4.5-5.6 lens!" Rather it's an utilitarian design - but whether it's going to stand out that much (quality-wise) remains to be seen. I like my Tamron 70-300/4-5.6 VC but don't really "love" it - it has some obvious shortcomings (that are forgivable for a $200 lens though).
Quote:https://fstoppers.com/originals/first-ha...ens-122829

The bokeh looks pretty good there actually, even if it has 4 aspheres? Contrary to some other Sony lenses with aspheres which show very big bokeh short comings like the

[Image: sal2470z_construction.gif]

Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm  f2.8 ZA SSM, 

or the Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 16-35mm f2.8 ZA SSM. 

This is what the guy says in the review

"The out-of-focus areas while shooting wide open with this lens are not all that great. Backgrounds tend to get blotchy and a little bit busy with edges rather than melt away. "

Of course, we'll look at this ... ;-)

Regarding those Zeiss lenses ... wide and ultra-wide zoom lenses ... com'on ... how many lenses in these categories have a good bokeh really. 

The Canon and Nikon ones not that bad as the Sony ("Zeiss") ones.... Remember that in your review of the 24-70 you found it to have exceptionally bad bokeh issues at certain focus distance?
Quote:The Canon and Nikon ones not that bad as the Sony ("Zeiss") ones.... Remember that in your review of the 24-70 you found it to have exceptionally bad bokeh issues at certain focus distance?

To date, few Sony/Zeiss lenses impressed. Correct.