Opticallimits

Full Version: photo paper recommendations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I started printing my pictures and now photography has a new dimension for me.

I need your recommendations for photo printing paper. Which ones would you recommend?

There are some good ones on the market: Canon Epson Kodak Fuji and some other names that are new to me which paper brands and type of paper would you recommend ?
Canson (a french manufacturer) or Hahnenmühle would come first in my mind. Ilford as well but I don't know how good they are, I'm not printing yet. Are you unhappy with Epson paper?

Epson paper is great but epson import only A4 size in lebnon

You should not use Canon paper on Epson or vice versa, because the ink absorption layers and inks are made for eachother. Printing for instance with a Canon printer on Epson glossy paper makes black pigments not absorb well, and dry up on top.

Canson Photographyque Baryta

Ilford Gold Silk

Both of them are great, I use them all the time.

Do not go for Epson Exhibition Fiber, unless you are willing to gamble.

Studor13

Quote:You should not use Canon paper on Epson or vice versa, because the ink absorption layers and inks are made for eachother. Printing for instance with a Canon printer on Epson glossy paper makes black pigments not absorb well, and dry up on top.
It might depend on the paper as well as the printer but I print Canon Everyday Gloss (cheap) paper on an Epson 3880 and it looks fine. In fact, I can't see any difference between this and the much more expensive Epson Premium Gloss. However, the Epson paper is a lot heavier.

As for recommendations it's like underwear. You know, it's a personal choice.