Opticallimits

Full Version: Panasonic GX-8 release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sure, but also bigger...
Very promising!

PuxaVida

It has image stabilization on the body... Should we assume that it will work well with the Oly lenses (like the 45mm and 75mm f/1.8s), any ideas?

Serkan

Lassoni

The GX8 works very well with the 75-300 ii olympus lens that I have with it. I think the electronic shutter needs to be off for maximum performance though (@200-300 range), but I think 75mm it should work nicely with ES.

Quote:The GX8 works very well with the 75-300 ii olympus lens that I have with it. I think the electronic shutter needs to be off for maximum performance though (@200-300 range), but I think 75mm it should work nicely with ES.
Don't you mean the electronic 1st curtain shutter should be on, instead of off?

Lassoni

Quote:Don't you mean the electronic 1st curtain shutter should be on, instead of off?
I use electronic shutter most of the time (since it's very quiet, and preserves mechanical shutter), but I've read online that its shutter speed is actually limited to sensor readout speed. I can put shutter speed up to 1/16000 or something, but from what I've read the image will not appear to be very sharp if there's movement requiring shutter speed faster than 1/25 . I've read somewhere the 1/25 is improvement over G7's 1/20 http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56505000 or something. Ironically, I think there might be higher burst speed with ES on than with mechanical shutter.

But it's not too big issue, I've customized a Fn button to change ES from On to Off   Smile