Opticallimits

Full Version: Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 USM L
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
... the 11mm aren't going to be pretty on the 5Ds R ...

Quote:... the 11mm aren't going to be pretty on the 5Ds R ...

On the positive side ... now that most lenses are good on 20mp full format sensors, it's going to be more exciting again on 50mp ...

davidmanze

What, lacking in detail?

Quote:What, lacking in detail?

Well, awesome center, poor corners (also visible in the samples).
It is darn good at 14mm though (don't have anything beyond yet)

soLong

Deleted.

Quote:Possibly you will have to select your suitable shot for 11mm :-) ….just wondering, do you have a very large chart for 11mm….or you have an assistant to move the chart and lights around to be in the right place

As mentioned - the life size real world sample show soft corners at 11mm as well.
18mm is quite hot, less so 24mm.

davidmanze

I seem to remember getting negative waves here when commenting on it's softish edge performance at 11mm in some published images, but I guess the lens is just a stop gap until Canon bring out the definitive version, after all it's just a cheapie! Rolleyes

Saw it yesterday in a shop. The price made me facepalm until I saw a Leica Noctilux on the top shelf. Now THAT was a reason for a facepalm!

But if the sides and corners are not that great anyways, would the Sigma 12-24 remain a decent choice?

soLong

Quote:Deleted.
Pages: 1 2 3