Opticallimits

Full Version: Newest high dollar nonsense lens, not via kickstarter, but straight from Leica
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Other manufacturers are envy on Leica because of that user base. Leica can sell everything (but they don't do everything which would be possible). If they come out with a new product, one doesn't need to hesitate because it could be a bad, short living one - these things are made to last very long and still can be passed forward to heirs instead into the trash collection.

Which makes sense for a camera with continuously flowing sensor, like film is. But I actually wonder why Leica didn't come up with some concept like Ricoh, to at least make a sensor change possible. Monochrome Leica? Monochrome back for a Phase One, yes, why not? But building a fully grown camera round a limited sensors is something only Leica can sell.

Quote:Other manufacturers are envy on Leica because of that user base. Leica can sell everything (but they don't do everything which would be possible). If they come out with a new product, one doens't need to hesitate because it could be a bad, short living one - these things are made to last very long and still can be passed forward to heirs instead into the trash collection.

Which makes sense for a camera with continuously flowing sensor, like film is. But I actually wonder why Leica didn't come up with some concept like Ricoh, to at least make a sensor change possible. Monochrome Leica? Monochrome back for a Phase One, yes, why not? But building a fully grown camera roudn a limited sensors is something only Leica can sell.
That is not true anymore with their digital cameras. Corroding sensors, anyone?
Sensors are not made by Leica. So, in the eyes of a devoted Leica fan, Leica can't be blamed for a bad film...  :lol: and what else a sensor is?

I'm kidding...

Quote:That is not true anymore with their digital cameras. Corroding sensors, anyone?
Yep, right here! Smile

To be fair though: replaced at no cost, cameras was 6 years at that point, I think. And came back with another year of warranty afterwards.

Less luck on a friend's M8 (I think I mentioned it here already): rear display cracked, no longer available as a spare part. All they offered in that case was a discount on a purchase of a different camera.
Pages: 1 2