Opticallimits

Full Version: VENUS V-DX 60mm f/2.8 Ultra-Macro Lens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.venuslens.net/

Just saw the above via PhotoRumors and found it interesting. A 60mm f/2.8 2x magnification macro lens with infinity focus.

Interesting comment in the specs is that the above applies to APS-C only. For full frame, it is macro only, suggesting the image circle at lower magnifications doesn't cover the whole frame.Ok, it has DX in its name...

As a comment, I have the MP-E65 which can easily do 2x magnification, but sometimes if you want to "zoom out" it is annoying not being able to go below 1x without changing lenses. If I do need a 2x to infinity range, I would instead use the Sigma 150mm macro with 2x teleconverter, with obvious massive difference in focal length, or split the difference with a 1.4x and retain some AF capability.

Currently $379 with free international shipping on ebay, available in the remaining 4 DSLR mounts.

Even though AF isn't a strong need in macro use, it would be a "nice to have". So I'm not sold on this lens over what I have already.