Opticallimits

Full Version: Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not so much impressed by the bokeh (poor highlight rendition).

felix

In the mirrorless world, 2014 seems to be the year of the fast tele-zoom with not-so-great bokeh  Big Grin

But how does it fare compared to something like the 70-300L or 70-300VC? These won't render highlights perfectly either..
Feels a bit like the Sony 70-400G.

Wonder how it will compare to the fuji lens. Also doens't the olympus lens have better resolution than the sony 70-400G ? (of course it is a 3x lens instead of a 6x lens).

Quote:Wonder how it will compare to the fuji lens. Also doens't the olympus lens have better resolution than the sony 70-400G ? (of course it is a 3x lens instead of a 6x lens).

Very hard to tell. The Sony G is very good. For a comparison you have to take the 1.4x into account.

Steinar1

Frankly, the boukeh is not the end all be all for this kind of lens. I have used it quite a bit and find that boukeh is perfectly OK for the higher focal ranges. The lens is very sharp, the AF is wonderful (on the EM 1) and I find it to be perfectly good replacement for my Nikon 70-200 in everyday work. It  is great in the studio, although I prefer the 75 for headshots.